Sunday, August 17, 2008

Conversations

Ava had her last swim lesson on Saturday. Her certificate is proudly displayed on our refrigerator. It was amazing to see how much more confident and comfortable she was in the water yesterday compared to her first class. She invited Honey & Papa along to watch her swim at her last lesson and boy did she show off! We’re all very proud of her.

Ava is also quite the conversationalist these days. I try to remember all the fun things she says but, like everyone else admits already, you forget so quickly. Here’s a conversation from the other day that I thought was sweet and worth sharing since I made mention of her pink toenails in a recent post:

Ava: “Daddy?”

Chris: “Yes, dear.”

Ava: “I want to paint my new room pretty like my toe nails.”

She understands so much more than we think she does. She completely understands the concept of her new big-girl room that’s under way and she really gets the whole baby brother thing. For instance, she walked over to my belly the other day, pulled my shirt up and sternly told “Baby Lincoln” to “say you(‘re) sorry to Mommy” all because I’d complained about my back hurting. How can she possibly put two and two together like that? I kindly explained to her that it’s not Lincoln’s fault and she was OK with that.

Another example:

Ava: “Daddy, you want to see Baby Lincoln’s room?!”

Chris: “Sure!”

Ava: “Here it is!” as she runs into her current room and throws her arms into the air.


No comments: