Sunday, August 17, 2008
Charley Horses
I had the joy of experiencing Charley Horses, or leg cramps, when I was pregnant with Ava. Of course I’m burdened with that joy again this time. They’re so awful. Not only do they wake you up in the wee hours of the morning and they’re excruciatingly painful, but the painful effects last for days. A lovely Charley Horse woke me up early on Saturday morning and I’m still having trouble walking today. My calf muscle feels shredded. I used to get the occasional Charley Horse when I was younger and physically active but those were nothing compared to these pregnancy-induced leg cramps. This time around I get them in my feet too. I eat bananas, I drink a ton of water, I stretch and I take my pre-natal vitamins so I ask these mean Charley Horses to leave me alone! Hmph!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh yuck!! I had TERRIBLE ones when I was pg with the girls and it was so incredibly painful. I too had trouble walking for days afterwards. My OB suggested lots of bananas which helped a little. Not sure anything will get rid of them. Sorry you are dealing with them. Hang in there!
Pickle juice. Seriously...if you can stomach it.
When you were younger??? How old are you and having your second baby??? You can complain when you are going on 30 woman!!!
Post a Comment