Sunday, August 10, 2008

10 years

As mentioned below, we went to NC this weekend to visit family and to attend Chris' 10-year High School reunion.

Hard to believe it has already been 10 years for him. He's getting so old ;-) It was a lot more fun than I anticipated, actually. Since I wasn't around for that part of his life it was neat to be able to attend the reunion with him and meet all these people who in one way or another influenced him. It was a sneak-peak into his past. It was also really cool to hear what everyone is doing now. I was most impressed in that aspect. I feel like so many people are doing such cool stuff with their lives - it was insperational for me. Chris seemed to enjoy himself and I think he's happy he went.

Meanwhile, Ava got spoiled. I mean, spoiled! Notice: pink toe-nails in the pictures below. She devoured her Mickey Mouse pancake before I could get a pic of that. You get the point though. Spoiled. She loved every second she spent with Ninny, Yoda, Zsa Zsa and Chad. She is crazy about these people! And, she spent the majority of the weekend in a dry pull-up! She's such an awesome traveler too. We went through a spurt when she was younger where she wouldn't sleep in different places and that terrified us - you know, the thought of having a child who doesn't enjoy travel. Thankfully, that is no longer the case! She has done great in the car and with sleeping the past few times we've travelled with her. She didn't even ask to watch a movie in the van this time!

We also enjoyed our time with the family, as usual. It always goes by way to fast you wish you could do it more often. Thanks, guys, for all your hospitality and for taking such great care of our "big girl."



1 comment:

Courtney said...

Wow what a lovely picture of Zsa Zsa. I'm proud of you for finally telling the world about Lincoln and updating your blog. :)