I started a new job and it’s going very well. For the past month I’ve been commuting ~120 miles a day…hence the lack of free time. Our new office should be up and running in 1 day though and it’s TWO miles from home, literally!! That’ll make a huge difference time-wise.
Christopher traded his gas guzzling SUV in for a “commuter car.” I’m so excited! He really likes it and he’s already washed it twice BY HAND. Are you surprised?
Ava wasn’t digging Halloween this year. She came home from daycare exhausted and wanted nothing to do with trick-or-treating. She went to bed early. Bummer. Hopefully we’ll have better luck next year. She’s been doing well otherwise. We went through a rough few weeks recently when she decided not to sleep through the night anymore. We still aren’t sure what that was about but we’re happy that it has passed (knock on wood). I’m tempted to say that the sleepless nights are more difficult to deal with at this age than when she was an infant. And no, I haven’t already forgotten ;-) She’s just so much more vocal and opinionated now…not to mention heavier!
Ava enjoys singing a lot at this stage. Her favorite song right now is the Alphabet. I’ll ask her, “Ava? Want to sing a song?” She usually nods her head yes. Then I ask, “What do you want to sing?” She replies, “A-B.” She’s so smart b/c she’ll pick up one toy, then another, hold them both out in front of her and enthusiastically say “Two!” She also likes to count…in English, Spanish, French and German. Whenever she gets a “boo boo” she darts over to me, shows me her “boo boo” and makes kissing sounds. She wants me to kiss her “boo boo.” She’s such a little Mama; she likes to baby her babies. She feeds them and is almost always concerned about the condition of their diapers. Whether her baby wears a diaper or not, Ava changes an imaginary diaper over and over and over again. She even applies Desitin! It’s amazing to watch. Her babies get lots of naps also and she normally rocks them and “shhh’s” them to sleep.
Right now we’re looking forward to Thanksgiving. Then it’s VEGAS, baby!




4 comments:
Thanks for the update! Hope you guys have a Happy Thanksgiving!!
About time we get an update! Just a request, would you mind flying Ava down to visit me, I miss her and she is getting so big :( Oh and I miss you and Chris too!
I love her Halloween costume! My favorite! I'm glad you're all doing well.
hey michelle,
i just realized i hadn't even told my sister this yet. i got a new macbook and i use philoconn.tumblr.com for my blog now. i update daily.
Post a Comment