Monday, June 2, 2008

Baby, Oh Baby!

I know. I’m aware. I’ve been absent from the blogger world and just about every other world I have ever been a part of. I apologize. I have an excuse...er…an announcement…Ava is going to be a big sister! Baby is due December 5th.

This has been a very different experience compared to when I was pregnant with Ava. Until about 1 week ago I’ve been completely grumpy. I was pathetic. I’m blaming it on the hormones. I also started eating fast food (if you consider Chick Fil A fast food) for the first time in my adult life. And I’ve barely been exercising. Scary! Who have I been?!

About 1 week ago I started having happy thoughts again and I actually craved grapes and oranges. I began thinking about working out again. I’m so relieved because I was not impressed with the grumpy Michelle. At 13 weeks along I’m finally ready to update my blog and get re-acquainted with my life.

I owe a big thank you to the family members and friends who put up with my 12 weeks worth of negativity…especially my ever-so-patient husband.

Other than making a baby we’ve been consumed with Ava and Chris’ classes. Chris finished up his first semester. Regardless of what he thinks he did a great job and got a lot out of it. As I sit here and update he’s taking a mid-term for his summer coarse. He spends the majority of his time reading text books, studying and doing homework. I can ask Ava, “What’s Daddy doing?” and she’ll reply, “Studying…” or I can ask her “Where is Daddy?” and she’ll reply, “At school.”

Speaking of Ava, she is still doing well. We had a small rough patch a bit ago but nothing a little heart-to-heart couldn’t fix. We assumed she wouldn’t understand the concept of a new baby yet so we began talking to her about this change that will happen pretty much as soon as we found out. She went to our first ultrasound with us – we’ve been trying to keep her involved. She’s better for the time being.

You can’t really see it in these photos (taken a few months ago) but Ava’s shirt says, “I’m going to be a Big Sister.” And a picture of Chris doing what he does these days – studying.






2 comments:

Lindsey Fescoe said...

Welcome back to the Blogger world Michelle, we were getting concerned ;)

Courtney said...

ABOUT time Mich :) Chris looks super happy studying, are you sure it wasn't him that was grumpy the past oh.. 6 months haha